Hydrotherapy for Arthritis
Arthritis SA's Hydro Programs
Designed for those new to hydrotherapy. Begin improving your strength, flexibility, balance and fitness with a tailored program.
- Track your progress! Pre and post fitness testing required for your individualised exercise program.
- 6-week program. 45 minute classes.
This program runs on:
Designed for those who are ready for more of a challenge or are regularly active. Work towards maintaining and building your health and wellbeing.
- Pre and post fitness testing available on request.
- 12-week program. 45 minute classes.
This program runs on:
Repeat a program as many times as you like!
- Hydro Move $105
- Hydro Fit $180
- $30 for fitness testing and exercise program*compulsory for those new to the Hydro Move program
Fees are payable in full or via direct debit payment plan. A non-refundable $20 deposit is required to secure your place. Private health insurance rebates may apply. Talk to your provider.
How to enrol
- Download the enrolment forms from our website or call and we can email or post it to you.
- Visit your GP. You will need the medical clearance form signed by your GP before your first hydro session.
- Complete and return all forms to Arthritis SA via mail, email or drop them into our office. Pay your deposit over the counter or via phone and book a pre-fitness testing appointment.
Is hydrotherapy right for me?
Hydrotherapy is a low impact form of exercise. It is a safe option for most people with arthritis.
- Reduced stress on joints when exercising.
- Warmth of water (34 degrees) helps muscles relax.
- Water provides natural resistance for building strength.
- Safe environment for those worried about or at risk of falls.
Some conditions may prevent you from doing hydrotherapy. For example:
- Open wounds
- Infections – such as urinary, skin, eye, and ear
- Dizziness and fainting
Always consult your doctor when deciding to start an exercise program.
Download our Water and Exercise factsheet for more information.
For all enquiries and enrolments please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 08 8379 5711 or visit our Welland office.