My Health Record
The treatment of Arthritis can often mean you are seeing several different health professionals including your GP, rheumatologist, physiotherapist, or occupational therapist to name a few. When juggling several, or many, different health professionals who are all working to keep you as healthy and mobile as possible, it is important for these professionals to be able to access information from across your team to ensure your treatment is well managed. With My Health Record you can now give permission for your health care team to record and view diagnostic and treatment information about your care in one place. You can also keep track of all your appointments, therapies and medications with your My Health Record.
My Health Record is an online summary of your key health information. When you have a My Health Record, your health information can be viewed securely online by any of your chosen medical team. This ensures that those who have access to your My Health Record will have the correct details of your medical treatment without the need for you to remember it all.
To help answer any questions you may have about your My Health Record, the Australian Digital Health Agency has put together a range of resources which you can access below.
- Factsheet "For Older Australians"
- Brochure "Your health information securely in one place"
- Booklet "Control who can look at your health information"
Some key points to remember
- You control what’s in your My Health Record and who can see your information.
- You will no longer need to remember tests, treatments, medication names as you can access it all on your My Health Record.
- It is against the law for someone to look at your My Health Record without your permission. You can track who has looked at your record and when. You can also choose to have an email or SMS automatically sent to you when a healthcare provider looks at your record.
For more information visit myhealthrecord.gov.au or call 1800 723 471.